Thursday, May 2, 2013

Waiting is hard

We knew that this adoption journey would be hard but I never knew waiting would be this tough. We got our new number on the "wait list" yesterday #81. Sigh. We started out as #93 in January if that tells you how fast we are moving. The first of each month we get our update. We find ourselves eagerly anticipating what our new number will be, begging the Lord for movement, trying our best to remember HE KNOWS and HIS TIMING is PERFECT, yet each month as we check our email 50 times before it finally comes, we are overwhelmed with disappointment.
When we finished the paper chase and officially started waiting, people would ask me how they could be praying. One thing I would tell them is to pray that we would wait well AND with hope. I'm realizing one reason this is so difficult is in our culture we don't wait for anything. Our world is so fast paced and we get annoyed if we have to wait for more than 30 seconds for our computer to turn on. So, having to wait years on a child we already feel so connected to is a bit difficult. Some days the longing I have to meet and hold my baby girl is almost unbearable.  We really don't know much at this point- we don't know how long we will wait, how old she will be or if she is even conceived yet but we do know without a doubt this is exactly what God wants us to do. Please pray we would not lose sight of that and join us in asking God for movement in Ethiopia!

A sweet friend shared this verse with me..."I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in His word I hope." psalm 130:5

1 comment:

  1. Hey Sarah!

    Don't know if you remember me... I See Deaf People from the Timbers! :)

    Anyways... we are in the process of adopting too. We submitted our dossier in February so we are waiting too. Waiting is the WORSE. Some days I am so overcome with anxiety and worry, I don't even know what to do. Like you, we KNOW this is God's plan for us... but I am terrible at waiting when I'm relying on me. He is good and we have seen His faithfulness like I'm sure you have. This is the verse I scream over and over again:

    Wait for the Lord,
    Be strong & TAKE HEART
    and WAIT for the Lord.
    Psalm 24:17

    What has also encouraged me is that while we are waiting... He is working on our behalf. He is waiting to be gracious to our kiddos (no matter where they are) and to us... He's just as ready to unite us! And that's pretty cool! :)

    Praying for your adoption. I'll be praying that we all wait well. That we will be excited to share about our adoption stories... even when we are discouraged. :)

    ReplyDelete